Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fashion accessories

There was a time in America where dogs were Man's Best Friend; a companion to take hunting for ducks, foxes, etc. And the dogs were well trained. In many cases, trained well enough to drive their master home after he had too many "hunting beers."

Today, if you are a small dog such as a Chihuahua or Dennis Kucinich, you are no longer Man's Best Friend. Women have claimed you as a fashion accessory.

From what I've seen, this is just fine with the dogs. They get to go to all kinds of places in purses or little carrying cases that no large dog or other animal could ever dream of going. You never see a woman in an airplane take that little bag of peanuts and hand it to the squirrel in her purse.

Personally, I would rather carry a more useful animal with me in case of an emergency. Something with thumbs, like a raccoon. That way, when I would be out hunting, with the sights of my gun locked onto an unsuspecting mallard, I could at least have somebody to open my beer.

More animal accessories here.

No comments: